Friday, April 4, 2008

Parallels: Ubuntu networking not working

Well, I'm not exactly sure what I did to break thing as the networking worked fine when I install Ubuntu 7.1 into Parallel on my new Macbook., but I broke it. You now a computer without a good internet connection is really just an expensive calculator.

I checked the OS everything seemed fine, it had an IP address, DNS entries, ...
Turns out that the network setting within Parallels got buggered somehow when I installed KDE 4.0.

I noticed networking settings at the bottom of the Parallels window.
I swear that I tried every combination that I could think of but it didn't seem to work.

I restarted my computer and restarted the Ubuntu image the model that says there is a networking error popped up, like many times previously
I set it to use my AirPort adapter then selected to Shared Networking. When I look at it now the Shared Networking is selected but the AirPort adapter is not.

I you run into this problem, good luck; I'm pretty experienced with computer and beyond saying try a reboot, I don't have any tangible advice

No comments: